Friday, July 15, 2011

I'm back, well sorta, a new blog, a different theme, and a new kayak!

My first blog didn't last long. It was more general than the new blog, I ranted about technology and the I.T. industry, as well as provided some knowledge sharing, on top of the fishing and kayaking....well I'm done with all that. This time around it's 98% fishing and kayak fishing. But why you must be thinking? I just grew tired of having a beef and having to rant about industry developments, I have to deal with this stuff enough in my day job, other aspects of technology have grown tiring too, I'm not even going to start on that, I'm just done. I just want to put in my time at my day job, do a good job too, go home with a clear conscience and focus on fun and family outside of work.

I'm sad that I seem to have lost most of my old blog. I had wanted to do it all on my own, I built the hardware, setup the static connection, the network, linux, raid, middleware, apache, wordpress ...and the list goes on. I spent quite a bit of time working on images and layout, only to have the box fried in a lightning storm. I still have one of the harddrives, I'm hoping someday I'll find the time to recover some of the images as I can use them here. Fortunately most of my fishing reports are also posted on a few forums so I should be able to recover those.  Over time I'm going to re-create all my past reports to keep the content flowing, and keep them on my personal site for the rest of time. Maintaining this blog will be much less time consuming, I'll be able to focus more on content, which was the driving force in the first place.

As far as the new kayak, after 4 years I've finally took the plunge and bought a Mirage drive boat, a Hobie Outback, I've just started rigging it, as well as my wife's 2 year old Hobie Sport which has remained stock up until now, be sure to check back for reviews and rigging of these two kayaks.

That's all for now, stay tuned as I have lot's to come.

YakDreams

No comments:

Post a Comment